Sunday, September 25, 2005

Pieces of me

Feeling like a rebel today, so I'll forgo the jump and cut style of cinematography so popular now and just start from the beginning and stop when I get to the end. If you have some baggage you'd like to check, feel free. If there's enough people sharing, I'll open up a FreeForAllFriday blogfest.

I used to be untouchable. I used to walk on water. I was semper, baby-- hard for the Guard, a full on search and rescue dawg! I was a diesel mechanic and a fire fighter. I rescued Navy Seals for chrissake! Then, I got pregnant and WTF?? became mortal. Let me tell you, it's a little hard to transition from surf rescue god to keeper of the tit and wiper of the butt.

No matter how much time has passed, I still feel like I'm slacking off when I'm not out on the water, making everything safe for the Seals and all. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if I'd stayed in, not started the whole mommy thing...then he trundles over and gives me a hug and I can't quite remember what I was blue about.

This goes carefully into my sea bag, along with my medals, ribbons, rank patches, and commendations. I'll probably take it out from time to time, just to remember when I could save the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home