Monday, September 26, 2005

Hello you...

Two months before our little alien was due to claw its way out of my belly, my water broke. Oh crap, I thought, this is not *a good thing*. Then it occurred to me, waaaaait a minute, I get my ribs back early...very good! So, feeling much better, I puttered about, got a bag ready and then we called the midwife. "Oh nooo", she told my husband, "No_no_no_no_no! You do not pass go, do not collect $200, and you absolutely do not get to have that whole natural childbirthapalooza thing you had planned! Get ye straight away to the hospital and commence with the white coats!"

I still sometimes feel cheated that when I had my son, the doctor didn't triumphantly place him on my chest so I could gaze at him in all his not_in_my_tumminess. I used to think I'd have another and the feeling would go away. Now we'll probably not choose to have more and I've decided to live with it.

This goes in a blue diaper bag with tiny little skater guys on it. I think I'm ready to say goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home